Saturday, March 3, 2012

Granny Sue's Recipes!

Seeing that we just had major storms throughout the south yesterday, and today is muggy and cold, I thought this recipes would be a good one today.

RAINING DAY CLAM CHOWDER
1 can of clam chowder
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of celery soup
1 medium baking potato cooked and cubed
1 (5oz) can evaporated milk
½ cup half and half (regular whole milk will work)
3 tablespoons butter
Pepper and salt to taste

Serve with French bread or crackers
Cook: first 6 ingredients in a large bean pot on low heat, stirring often, or until heated through. Add half and half, butter, salt and pepper, stirring until butter melts.
Confession: I was not a fan of clam chowder, until I ate this recipe, and now I love it.

**** If there is a recipe that you would like to share, email me at kudzujunction@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment